FAQ | Frequently Asked Questions•Subscribe•
- How do I reserve a tour or reach Ciao Darcy?
- How do I pay for my tour?
- You can mail a personal check paid to Ciao Darcy and sent to the address below or call 425.941.0164 for credit card transactions.
- Ciao Darcy, 4580 Klahanie Dr SE Suite 334, Issaquah, WA 98029
- How large are your tours?
- We are a small tour company taking on average 8-10 people. This way we can stay in smaller, charming, family-run hotels. We also have a larger choice of restaurants, eating in wonderful local trattorias.
- What is included in the tour?
- All hotel accommodations (double occupancy)
- All breakfasts, some lunches and most dinners with wine – see specific tour for details
- All park entry fees
- All scheduled admission fees
- Gratuities for hotels, meals, and local guides
- All transportation during the trip, including bus, boat, train, cable car or funicular
- What’s not included?
- Airfare is not included in the tour price however; see below for travel agent information.
- Transfers to the hotel at the beginning and the end of the tour.
- Who can help me schedule my air travel?
- We work with all travel agents – however, we highly recommend Jennifer Dewees of Executive Travel Consultants in Bellevue, WA. Jennifer is familiar with our tours and can help you with pre and post tour travel through Italy and Europe including flights, cruises, train travel and accommodations.
- Jennifer Dewees
ETC Travel Consultants
Direct line: 425.372.8957
Toll Free: 1.888.433.7807
- What about trip insurance?
- What will the weather be like?
- How physically fit do I have to be?
- To comfortably complete our walking tours, you should be able to hike moderate terrain with some hills and be able to climb a number of stairs. We will be walking a fair amount in the towns we visit. To prepare yourself for one of our tours, start a walking program at least 2 months before the tour.
- Do I have to carry my own luggage?
- Don’t want to check your luggage?
- What should I pack for my trip?
- The most important item should be your shoes! Wearing poorly fitting shoes on our tours is a recipe for disaster.
- We will be doing a lot of walking/hiking so it is important to wear something with good support and traction.
- A light-weight Gore-Tex jacket is a good idea in case of rain.
- A daypack is a must for carrying personal belongings you will want for the day, such as an umbrella, water, sunglasses and to have room for any purchases you may pick up along the way.
- For packing tips, click here »
- How do I apply for a US passport?
- For passport services, go to http://www.travel.state.gov
- What can I bring home from my vacation?
- For customs information, go to http://www.cbp.gov
- Could you design a private tour for my family/friends?
- Yes, we can design a tour according to your needs and interests. Whether you are interested in cooking, ancient history, challenging hikes, or all three, we are ready to create a unique vacation for you and your family/friends. Our Itinerary Planning Services are available to handle the research, planning and booking for you.